Sunday, March 9, 2014

Galway

Right now we are in the midst of a 2 week long spring break. I'm posting a little late this week since my time has been tied up. Jason has been here since wednesday and we've had a really good time so far. Unfortunately, he is leaving on tuesday, bright and early. =(.

This past weekend we were in Galway. I am so happy I finally got to see some of the west side of Ireland. We took a Galway Tour Company bus through the burren and Cliffs of Moher. Here are some pictures from my weekend so far.

 

One of my favorite things on this trip was seeing a fairy tree. Fairy trees can be kind of confusing since there is so much superstition surrounding them. Some people believe if you harm the tree (break a branch off of it) you will have bad luck. Fairy trees have ribbons tied up all over them. The ribbons are tied to the tree as an offering of good fortune. I really enjoy the romantic aspect of it all. 

There are a few more adventures to come tomorrow (hopefully, Jason and I will be heading out to Howth, as long as the weather is nice), then I'll be back to studying some more. Next week I'll be in Scotland learning all about sheep and lambing. I'm so excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment