Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter in Switzerland

I've been on a bit of a break from writing lately since there hasn't really been much to talk about. With the exception of last weekend, all I have really been doing is studying for continuing assessments that we have had the last couple weeks of class. I figured everyone would get bored of reading about all of the nothing and studying I have been up to.

Last weekend I was finally able to get a bit of a break =). Colleen, Max, Micol and I went to Switzerland (Geneva and Lausanne) for the weekend. Micol lives in Switzerland and Max's parents have a house there. So between the two of them, Colleen and I had great tour guides/ translators. It's a reminder of how lucky we are to have made such great friends while in school.


When we first got to Switzerland, on Friday, we drove around Geneva, saw the united nations building, and stopped by the fountain at Lake Geneva (Jet d'Eau- one of the largest fountains in the world). For lunch, we went to Mont Saleve in France where I had a bit of a run in with walnuts and felt itchy the rest of the afternoon. Even with two hours of sleep, and Benadryl on board, I was able to appreciate the beautiful view from the mountain.


Saturday we went to Gruyere castle and ate some of the yummiest gruyere cheese fondue. Gruyere castle was converted in to a museum that is surrounded by a cute town that we shopped at. Then, after a quick stop in lausanne to get my pandora charm, we went to dinner at Chalet Suisse. There, we ate even more fondue (of the meat variety). I was so stuffed by the end of the day.




On Easter Sunday, after Colleen's first French Easter service, we spent the day in Lausanne relaxing. There was a market by the water and the weather was beautiful. We rode around Lake Geneva in a motor boat since we missed all of the lake tours for the day. Sadly, on Monday, we had to return to Dublin. Colleen and I both spent way too much money on chocolate at the airport. It is so delicious.

The best part about the return to the airport was that Jason was there waiting for me when I got back to Dublin! Thats right, Jason came to visit yet again!!! This time, he was on this side of the world for work, then afterwards he stopped by to say hi =).


Now, I am trying to relax for a few days with Jason before I have to study for finals. I cannot believe this is already the last week of class for the semester. Next week is reading week, then finals. I'll be home in just over 3 weeks. I can't wait to see everyone!

Here are the rest of my pictures from the weekend. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment